On March 5th I called Alligator Performance based on their internet web site showing that a Transfer Flow Midship Replacement Tank for my truck was selling for $980.00. Directly below their picture in red lettering it showed “including shipping charges”. I gave their agent my credit card number and before finishing my order I ask him for the total price to confirm the charge would be $980.00. That was when I learned shipping was not included and I was going to be charged $1182.00. I told him their web site clearly showed the tank was $980 including charges. Their shipping charges was a deal breaker and not to complete the order. He told me it was too late he already submitted the order and I would have to wait until then next day to cancel it.

March 6th I called to confirm the order had been cancelled. After my call I received an email showing the order was cancelled with a credit back to my credit card but for only $1121.00. I have web site pictures show the tank cost $980.00 and apparently their agent pointed it out to someone because the very next day “the included shipping charges” was removed from their web site.

Currently I am still stuck with a fee of $61.00 because of their deceptive web site. As well as their agent failing to tell me what my total charges were going to be prior to submitting the order. Unacceptable business practices so be very careful dealing with this company.

Comments